An unincorporated organisation is a collection of individuals with no separate legal identity. If it wants to own property etc, it must rely on individuals to do so on its behalf. This increases the risk of personal liability for those involved in running the organisation.
By forming New Luce Community Trust as an incorporated organisation, it has a legal identity of its own. This means that it can own property, enter into contracts and employ people in its own name.
Purposes and Vision
NLCT will assist in creating a more positive, prosperous and attractive community by 2040.
The Trust was established for the following purposes:
- To manage community land and associated assets for the benefit of the Community and the public in general
- To provide, or assist in the providing, recreational facilities and/or organising recreational activities, which will be available to members of the Community and public at large with the object of improving the conditions of life in the Community
- To advance community development, including urban or rural regeneration within the Community
- To advance the education of the Community about its environment, culture, heritage and/or history
- To advance environmental protection or improvement including preservation, sustainable development and conservation of the natural environment, the maintenance, improvement or provision of environmental amenities for the Community and/or the preservation of buildings or sites of architectural, historic or other importance to the community
- To promote, establish, operate and/or support other schemes and projects which are in furtherance of charitable purposes for the benefit of the Community
Articles of Association
Download a copy of the NLCT Articles.